The End of an Era

Six Septembers, the start of new school years.  Six Christmas programs, to celebrate what our students accomplished so far.  Six Januarys that seemed to pass so slowly by.  Six spring breaks, grateful a respite before the final leg of the year.  Six Junes, where we counted down the days and cleaned up the classroom before saying our goodbyes.

It's been a good six years.  Looking back, there are things that I wish I would have done differently, things I could have improved on, things I should've said, and perhaps shouldn't have said.  But all-in-all, it's been a fabulous six years.  This is where I figured out how to teach middle schoolers.  This is where I developed valuable leadership skills, eventually becoming the vice principal of my division.   This is where I made friends that will last a lifetime.   This is where I met and fell in love with my husband.  This is where I've come to call home.

It's always hard to say goodbye, but particularly to this place and these people.

Tomorrow is the last day of school.  It's the end of a beautiful era.

Comments

Popular Posts