10 Years of the Blog

Ten years ago, I was starting a new adventure. I had recently graduated from university and moved to start my adult life on the tiny island of Saipan. Everything was fresh and exciting! Life was constantly full of adventures. Being so far away from family & friends, I wanted to chronicle my journey. So I started this blog. My first post was on August 20, 2006:

http://miss-mai.blogspot.com/2006/08/beginning-of-new-year.html

After that, it seemed like I was blogging all the time; life was very "blogworthy"! I love looking back on old blogs & reminiscing about different times over the past 10 years: Saipan, Florida, Thailand, Vancouver, friends' weddings & graduations, vacations, road trips, hiking trips, mission trips, milestones, disappointments, favourite restaurants, goals, breakups, roommate memories, thoughtful musings, spiritual insights..... the list could go on. It's amazing to see the growth and changes over the past 10 years, not just in my writing/blogging (some of my early blogs were a bit cheesy at times!), but in the person that I've grown into.

It makes me a little sad that I haven't blogged very much in the past few years - only 8 posts in the past 3 years - that's a pretty poor average. I haven't blogged about some of our recent milestones & adventures - our wedding & honeymoon, submitting Mt.Kinabalu in Borneo, our first year of marriage, Christmas in Mexico & Belize, and much of our first year experiences here in Timor-Leste. When I look back over my blog, it feels like big chunks of the past few years are missing! Although life is extremely busy here, I do hope to change that!

With a new school year starting on Monday, it's a good time to set goals, so amongst several others, I plan to get back into chronicling the journey of our life! It's time to start recording life's many "blogworthy" moments again!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts