#500
I'd first like to take a moment to celebrate that this is my 500th post!!!
Today’s topic: An area in my life that I’m kicking butt at right now.
This may not seem like a big deal, but it is for me: I’m totally kicking butt right now with flossing! This has always been a challenge for me - either the floss isn’t tight enough to get a good grip or it’s so tight that my fingers turn purple; I never seem to be able to get my hands far enough into the back of my mouth without gagging; and I simply dread the amount of time it takes when all I want to do is just crawl into bed! But EVERY time I go to the dentist, I try to quickly floss for a few days beforehand so I don’t get a lecture……. but every time, the hygienist sees right through my facade & reminds me, yet again, about the importance of flossing. However, I’ve been lucky that I have strong teeth and my lack of flossing hasn't caused any major issues yet.
This past summer, we were blessed to have our dental work done while we were out visiting my best friend, Sarah-Jane, and her husband, both of whom are dentists. Afterward, for some reason, I just really felt like I need to be flossing and decided that I needed to make it a habit this time. And, although I haven’t been flossing every single night, I have been consistently flossing 3-5 times per week for the past several months (which is better than flossing every night for a week or two after visiting the dentist and then not until the next visit). Still far from perfect, but still a major accomplishment for me!
The key for me has been using floss picks - I couldn’t do it with out those ingenious inventions!!
Today’s topic: An area in my life that I’m kicking butt at right now.
This may not seem like a big deal, but it is for me: I’m totally kicking butt right now with flossing! This has always been a challenge for me - either the floss isn’t tight enough to get a good grip or it’s so tight that my fingers turn purple; I never seem to be able to get my hands far enough into the back of my mouth without gagging; and I simply dread the amount of time it takes when all I want to do is just crawl into bed! But EVERY time I go to the dentist, I try to quickly floss for a few days beforehand so I don’t get a lecture……. but every time, the hygienist sees right through my facade & reminds me, yet again, about the importance of flossing. However, I’ve been lucky that I have strong teeth and my lack of flossing hasn't caused any major issues yet.
This past summer, we were blessed to have our dental work done while we were out visiting my best friend, Sarah-Jane, and her husband, both of whom are dentists. Afterward, for some reason, I just really felt like I need to be flossing and decided that I needed to make it a habit this time. And, although I haven’t been flossing every single night, I have been consistently flossing 3-5 times per week for the past several months (which is better than flossing every night for a week or two after visiting the dentist and then not until the next visit). Still far from perfect, but still a major accomplishment for me!
The key for me has been using floss picks - I couldn’t do it with out those ingenious inventions!!



Comments