Favourite Part

Today’s topic: Your favourite part of your body.

I was hesitant to write about this topic because I don’t really like to talk about myself, and it kinda just feels like bragging or something, but…….. I decided to do it anyways.

I think there are very few girls that don’t struggle with self-image and what they see when they look in the mirror (am I right, ladies?). Growing up, I thought I was too skinny - I didn’t have enough flesh in the right places. I wasn’t curvy. Instead, I had a rectangular box shape (still do). After a while however, even though I filled out a bit in some places, it wasn’t the right places, according to society. Despite all that, I’ve come to appreciate my body and I’m grateful to have a husband that loves every part of me exactly the way it is!

My favourite part (region) of my body would be my upper back and arms. Although I’m finding gravity and age working hard to get my triceps to jiggle (and they do a little!), for the most part I find it easy to keep my arms and upper back toned. I’ve never wanted to be super buff with bulging muscles, but I appreciate defined, sculpted muscles. And they come in handy - one day we were completely out of drinking water at school, so in the heat of the day I hauled six 5-gallon jugs from the neighbourhood kiosk - I admit, my arms felt like jello after, but I’ve got muscles and can use them when needed!!

Comments

Popular Posts