Goals

Today’s topic: My goals for the next 30 days
#1 goal: Survive until the holidays.

  • Learn lots of Tetun. We just started a 5-day intensive Tetun class, which is great, but also adds a lot to my already crazy schedule.
  • Our shipping container full of desks and books (that I’ve been working on since April) was scheduled to arrive today; if so, I have to do what I can to encourage the broker to try to get it through all the hoops and out of the port before the holidays. We desperately need those desks when school resumes in January.
  • Finish assessing our current ESL students and get ready for them to be able to join regular classes in January.
  • Advertise for and register new ESL to start in January.
  • Lots of practice and preparations for the school Christmas program on the 15th. 



#2 goal: Prepare for Royce & Michelle’s arrival on the 9th.

  • spruce up the guest room
  • plan out some meals and get a few things cooked and baked before they arrive



#3 goal: Enjoy time with them!

  • show them around and give them an idea of what life is like here
  • even though we’ll be working during the week, spend lots of time with them in the evenings and the two weekends
  • play lots of board games (and win some!)



#4 goal: Rest, relax, enjoy time in New Zealand with Matt’s brother & family!

  • get to know Jeff, Lauren, and the girls a little better
  • see a bit of the south part of the north island and a bit of the north part of the south island


So….. not really any great and lofty goals other than get through the first half of the month and then enjoy the second half of the month, but some months are like that!

And speaking of goals, I just completed the 30-day blogging challenge, so that’s a pretty great accomplishment!

Comments

Ronald said…
Thanks for sharing your blogs! I haven't read all of them, but enjoyed the ones I did read. Good luck with the board games. We played 5 different games during Thanksgiving with the Blankenship's so that was fun 😀

Popular Posts