Hobbies
Today’s topic: My top 5 hobbies & why I love them.
Running.
I love running because it’s when I feel most alive and in tune with my body. When I’m consistently running, I feel healthy, in shape, and lean. It gives me a sense of freedom, that I can go anywhere that my legs take me. And it’s a great way to explore new places in a different way when traveling.
Scuba Diving.
I love diving because it’s a completely different world that most people don’t get to experience. I love the amazing creatures that live under the sea. I love the colour of the water when I turn onto my back and look towards the surface where the sun is shining through. I love escaping the noise of everyday life and sinking into an almost soundless world.
Hiking & Rock Climbing.
I love hiking and climbing because it often pushes me to the limits and makes me want to work harder. Sometimes when I find myself in the midst of a difficult climb or an utterly exhausting hike, I wonder why I’m doing it. But then I get past the tough spot on the climb or I reach the summit of the hike and I know why. And like running, I love getting the chance to hike & climb during our travels because it’s a way to see amazing parts of the country while avoiding some of the typically touristy areas.
Crocheting.
I love taking a piece of yarn and creating something beautiful. And if it doesn’t turn out as I hoped, I love that feeling of pulling on the end and completely unraveling it, able to start anew. I love that it’s something my hands can do while my mind is doing something else - watching a movie, listening to a podcast, or visiting with a friend.
Reading.
I love that reading opens doors into other times and places. It unlocks storehouses of knowledge that is just waiting to be learned or experienced. I love this quote about reading: (so true!)
Running.
I love running because it’s when I feel most alive and in tune with my body. When I’m consistently running, I feel healthy, in shape, and lean. It gives me a sense of freedom, that I can go anywhere that my legs take me. And it’s a great way to explore new places in a different way when traveling.
Scuba Diving.
I love diving because it’s a completely different world that most people don’t get to experience. I love the amazing creatures that live under the sea. I love the colour of the water when I turn onto my back and look towards the surface where the sun is shining through. I love escaping the noise of everyday life and sinking into an almost soundless world.
Hiking & Rock Climbing.
I love hiking and climbing because it often pushes me to the limits and makes me want to work harder. Sometimes when I find myself in the midst of a difficult climb or an utterly exhausting hike, I wonder why I’m doing it. But then I get past the tough spot on the climb or I reach the summit of the hike and I know why. And like running, I love getting the chance to hike & climb during our travels because it’s a way to see amazing parts of the country while avoiding some of the typically touristy areas.
Crocheting.
I love taking a piece of yarn and creating something beautiful. And if it doesn’t turn out as I hoped, I love that feeling of pulling on the end and completely unraveling it, able to start anew. I love that it’s something my hands can do while my mind is doing something else - watching a movie, listening to a podcast, or visiting with a friend.
Reading.
I love that reading opens doors into other times and places. It unlocks storehouses of knowledge that is just waiting to be learned or experienced. I love this quote about reading: (so true!)
…..unfortunately, I’m not doing most of these things here :’(




Comments