Improvement
Today’s topic: An area in my life that I’d like to improve.
Wow, where to even start? I find that when I try to improve one area of my life, other areas fall apart. For example, f I decide I want to exercise in the mornings, then my devotional time gets shortened or squeezed out. If I take on a 30-day blogging challenge, then my early-to-bed routine goes out the window. It’s almost as if there are only a certain amount of things that I can do well at a time….. but, one must always try.
So, the area that I’d like to improve is my prayer life. I pray, you know, during devotions and worship, before meals, to start and end the school day with my students, and before we fall asleep at night; but these often end up feeling like a routine. This week in our mid-week Bible study, we read in 1 Timothy 2:1 that we should be praying, interceding, petitioning, and giving thanks on behalf of all people. We should be labouring in prayer for people, but i don’t, not to that extent anyway. I’m always inspired by prayer warriors, people who completely saturate their lives with prayer and things happen, lives are changed. I want to be that kind of person. I guess, just like getting physically in shape, getting my prayer life in shape requires putting in the time, effort, and dedication in order to become a warrior.
Any suggestions?
Wow, where to even start? I find that when I try to improve one area of my life, other areas fall apart. For example, f I decide I want to exercise in the mornings, then my devotional time gets shortened or squeezed out. If I take on a 30-day blogging challenge, then my early-to-bed routine goes out the window. It’s almost as if there are only a certain amount of things that I can do well at a time….. but, one must always try.
So, the area that I’d like to improve is my prayer life. I pray, you know, during devotions and worship, before meals, to start and end the school day with my students, and before we fall asleep at night; but these often end up feeling like a routine. This week in our mid-week Bible study, we read in 1 Timothy 2:1 that we should be praying, interceding, petitioning, and giving thanks on behalf of all people. We should be labouring in prayer for people, but i don’t, not to that extent anyway. I’m always inspired by prayer warriors, people who completely saturate their lives with prayer and things happen, lives are changed. I want to be that kind of person. I guess, just like getting physically in shape, getting my prayer life in shape requires putting in the time, effort, and dedication in order to become a warrior.
Any suggestions?



Comments