Leah Baby
Today’s topic: A letter to someone, anyone….. (my niece)
Dear Leah,
In less than 2 months you’ll be turning 3! I can hardly believe how quickly you’ve grown - you’re already more than half my height!! My very first memory of you is so special because I got to witness the magic of watching you make your way into this world. I wasn’t there when your brother was born, but I got to spend more time with him in his first few years than I’ve gotten to spend with you. That saddens me, because I know I’m missing out on so many of your milestones and precious moments. However, I’m so glad that we get to Skype and stay in touch despite the distance. It made me so happy when I was visiting you this summer to hear you call my name. At the time, you weren’t fully pronouncing the ’t’ sound, so it came out as “Annie Mai” - that just melted my heart! Another precious memory that I’ll always remember is when I gave you a super tight squeeze and said, “I love you SOOOOOO much!” to which you replied, “I love you TOOOOO….. much!”
As you continue to grow, I hope I always get to be a part of your life in one way or another, whether we live close or far. I hope you always know that I’ll be here for you, no matter what. And, I hope you know how special and loved you are.
No matter how tall you get, even when you’re 16 and probably 6’ 2”, I’ll still sing you my version of “Leah Baby” (to the tune of Santa Baby) to you!
Sending you love and a virtual hug,
Annie Mai
xoxo
Dear Leah,
In less than 2 months you’ll be turning 3! I can hardly believe how quickly you’ve grown - you’re already more than half my height!! My very first memory of you is so special because I got to witness the magic of watching you make your way into this world. I wasn’t there when your brother was born, but I got to spend more time with him in his first few years than I’ve gotten to spend with you. That saddens me, because I know I’m missing out on so many of your milestones and precious moments. However, I’m so glad that we get to Skype and stay in touch despite the distance. It made me so happy when I was visiting you this summer to hear you call my name. At the time, you weren’t fully pronouncing the ’t’ sound, so it came out as “Annie Mai” - that just melted my heart! Another precious memory that I’ll always remember is when I gave you a super tight squeeze and said, “I love you SOOOOOO much!” to which you replied, “I love you TOOOOO….. much!”
As you continue to grow, I hope I always get to be a part of your life in one way or another, whether we live close or far. I hope you always know that I’ll be here for you, no matter what. And, I hope you know how special and loved you are.
No matter how tall you get, even when you’re 16 and probably 6’ 2”, I’ll still sing you my version of “Leah Baby” (to the tune of Santa Baby) to you!
Sending you love and a virtual hug,
Annie Mai
xoxo

Comments