Something I Miss
Today’s topic: Something I miss….
I could write about so many things that I miss being here: a variety of food & restaurants, live music, good shopping options, community events, checking out real books from a library, pumpkin spice lattes on a crisp fall morning, wifi, independence/freedom, and so many simple conveniences.
But, those are all just things, things that I can do without, for the most part. What I miss the most is family and friends. I miss being able to drive a couple hours to spend the weekend with family. I miss being around to see my niece and nephew (and so many of my friends’ babies) growing by leaps and bounds. I miss sipping tea with my sister-in-laws or my cousin Kelley. I miss being able to spend time with Sarah Jane, or at least being in a similar time zone so I can call or text whenever I want. I miss going out to dinner with Valen once a month to try a new restaurant and catch up on our lives. I miss going hiking and camping with Chans, painting parties with Lizzy, hanging out with Samadea, chatting with Vanessa, getting Thai food or sushi whenever Domonique & Blessing are in town, playing games with Peterson & crew, and working with all my DLS colleagues. I miss our young adults group at church. I miss chatting with everyone for so long after church that all the good food at potluck is gone. I miss spending Saturday nights with friends. I miss being able to jump in our car and heading to Portland to visit Judith & Evan and the Paez family for a long weekend. I miss being able to catch a plane and visit friends or family anywhere in the States or Canada for spring break or during the summer - we’re long over due to see many of them (you know who you are)! I simply miss people. Family. Friends.
I could write about so many things that I miss being here: a variety of food & restaurants, live music, good shopping options, community events, checking out real books from a library, pumpkin spice lattes on a crisp fall morning, wifi, independence/freedom, and so many simple conveniences.
But, those are all just things, things that I can do without, for the most part. What I miss the most is family and friends. I miss being able to drive a couple hours to spend the weekend with family. I miss being around to see my niece and nephew (and so many of my friends’ babies) growing by leaps and bounds. I miss sipping tea with my sister-in-laws or my cousin Kelley. I miss being able to spend time with Sarah Jane, or at least being in a similar time zone so I can call or text whenever I want. I miss going out to dinner with Valen once a month to try a new restaurant and catch up on our lives. I miss going hiking and camping with Chans, painting parties with Lizzy, hanging out with Samadea, chatting with Vanessa, getting Thai food or sushi whenever Domonique & Blessing are in town, playing games with Peterson & crew, and working with all my DLS colleagues. I miss our young adults group at church. I miss chatting with everyone for so long after church that all the good food at potluck is gone. I miss spending Saturday nights with friends. I miss being able to jump in our car and heading to Portland to visit Judith & Evan and the Paez family for a long weekend. I miss being able to catch a plane and visit friends or family anywhere in the States or Canada for spring break or during the summer - we’re long over due to see many of them (you know who you are)! I simply miss people. Family. Friends.
Just a few of the people I miss:
(Earnest Ice Cream is really good. I miss that too!)


Comments