Straya
Today’s topic: If I could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Ever since Matt and I decided to leave our jobs and lives in Vancouver, this has been a question that we often discuss. We wonder if, after our term here in Timor-Leste, will we return to Vancouver? Would we both be able to get jobs and afford to live there again (possibly with kids by that time)? If not, what other places in Canada would we want to settle down in? We wonder, will Matt get transferred to another ADRA office in another part of the world? Which places would we agree to transfer to? Or would we want to embark on an entirely new adventure altogether? We’ve toyed with the idea of moving to Sweden, as we both share an appreciation for their education system specifically and their social systems in general.
I love Saipan. I’d move back to Thailand in a heartbeat. Several places in Europe are enticing. A few places in Central or South America could make it on the list. And of course, Canada will always be home. But if I could choose any place in the world (right now), I think I might choose Australia.
We seem to keep acquiring Aussie friends, and the more we do, the more they tell us about all the intriguing and wonderful places to visit in Australia. Although I’ve been there before - only in & around Cairns - there is so much more of the country that I hope to see. Since it’s such a big country, visiting for a couple weeks just isn’t enough, so if we lived there for a period of time, it would be a good way to see more of the country, deeper than just the surface, tourist level. We’ve heard Perth is pretty great, so perhaps that’s where you’ll find us in a couple years!
Ever since Matt and I decided to leave our jobs and lives in Vancouver, this has been a question that we often discuss. We wonder if, after our term here in Timor-Leste, will we return to Vancouver? Would we both be able to get jobs and afford to live there again (possibly with kids by that time)? If not, what other places in Canada would we want to settle down in? We wonder, will Matt get transferred to another ADRA office in another part of the world? Which places would we agree to transfer to? Or would we want to embark on an entirely new adventure altogether? We’ve toyed with the idea of moving to Sweden, as we both share an appreciation for their education system specifically and their social systems in general.
I love Saipan. I’d move back to Thailand in a heartbeat. Several places in Europe are enticing. A few places in Central or South America could make it on the list. And of course, Canada will always be home. But if I could choose any place in the world (right now), I think I might choose Australia.
We seem to keep acquiring Aussie friends, and the more we do, the more they tell us about all the intriguing and wonderful places to visit in Australia. Although I’ve been there before - only in & around Cairns - there is so much more of the country that I hope to see. Since it’s such a big country, visiting for a couple weeks just isn’t enough, so if we lived there for a period of time, it would be a good way to see more of the country, deeper than just the surface, tourist level. We’ve heard Perth is pretty great, so perhaps that’s where you’ll find us in a couple years!



Comments