Remembering
During the first week of 2017, I’ve taken some time to reflect back over 2016. It was a really full year - full of up and downs, highs and lows, births and losses, hopes and disappointments, successes and failures.
It was beautiful to “watch” (from a far) the growth of several of my friends’ babies, amazing to see them develop and become their own little person over the year. But it was heart-wrenching to witness the journey other friends who lost babies over the past year.
It was exciting to celebrate new relationships, engagements, and weddings with some of our friends; and heart-breaking to see the fracturing of other relationships and marriages.
It was rewarding to achieve several successes at work - the completion of our first successful school year, the beginning of a second school year, and receiving our shipment of books and desks; but it was equally discouraging to experience set-backs, delays, and opposition - we still don’t even know where the new school will be built, not to mention when the building project will begin.
It was wonderful to be able to travel (Thailand and New Zealand) and visit family and many friends over the summer (US and Canada); but at other times, it has been difficult to be so far away and feel like we are missing out on major events and milestones in the lives of our family and friends.
It turns out, that life is a mixed bag. God never promised that life would be easy (John 16:33), but that He would be with us through it all (Psalm 91:15).
So, as I look toward 2017, I anticipate another roller coaster ride, but I look forward to seeing what God will do in and through our lives and the lives of our family and friends.
I love this New Year song by JJ Heller:
Blessings & Happy New Year in 2017!!
It was beautiful to “watch” (from a far) the growth of several of my friends’ babies, amazing to see them develop and become their own little person over the year. But it was heart-wrenching to witness the journey other friends who lost babies over the past year.
It was exciting to celebrate new relationships, engagements, and weddings with some of our friends; and heart-breaking to see the fracturing of other relationships and marriages.
It was rewarding to achieve several successes at work - the completion of our first successful school year, the beginning of a second school year, and receiving our shipment of books and desks; but it was equally discouraging to experience set-backs, delays, and opposition - we still don’t even know where the new school will be built, not to mention when the building project will begin.
It was wonderful to be able to travel (Thailand and New Zealand) and visit family and many friends over the summer (US and Canada); but at other times, it has been difficult to be so far away and feel like we are missing out on major events and milestones in the lives of our family and friends.
It turns out, that life is a mixed bag. God never promised that life would be easy (John 16:33), but that He would be with us through it all (Psalm 91:15).
So, as I look toward 2017, I anticipate another roller coaster ride, but I look forward to seeing what God will do in and through our lives and the lives of our family and friends.
I love this New Year song by JJ Heller:
Blessings & Happy New Year in 2017!!



Comments