2018
Recently I came across the idea of chosing a theme for the year. As I pondered what I should chose for 2018, I reflected on some of the areas that I want to focus on this year, and slowly a theme emerged: 2018 will be my Year of Intentionality.
Perhaps it seems a bit trite or somewhat of a cliché, because it seems to be a common topic lately - “intentional living”….. “living with purpose”….. yada-yada-yada….. but despite all the hype, it’s important to me and something I want to focus on more this year.
There are several areas of my life that I want to be more intentional about this year:
So, cheers to 2018, the Year of Intentionality!
Perhaps it seems a bit trite or somewhat of a cliché, because it seems to be a common topic lately - “intentional living”….. “living with purpose”….. yada-yada-yada….. but despite all the hype, it’s important to me and something I want to focus on more this year.
There are several areas of my life that I want to be more intentional about this year:
- I want to be more intentional about my faith, and what I believe, and how that translates into the way I live.
- I want to be more intentional about my relationships, taking time to connect to people in meaningful ways, even when (or perhaps especially when) we’re separated by distance.
- I want to be more intentional about the choices that I make.
- I want to be more intentional about the things that surround me; I want to minimize my belongings - if I don’t need it or am not using it or it has no purpose in my life, then I want to remove it.
- I want to be more intentional about how I spend my time, taking time to do the things I enjoy and develop my creative hobbies.
- I want to be more intentional about the way I think, speak, and act.
- I want to be more intentional about living in the fullness of each moment and soaking up the memory to carry into the future, rather than merely drifting through life and looking forward to the next thing.
- I want to be more intentional about each day, because “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives” (Annie Dillard).
So, cheers to 2018, the Year of Intentionality!



Comments