Community.

These are just a few of the words that were tossed back-and-forth, pondered, chewed over, and shared as I had a lengthy conversation with my newly-found friend, Alex. I don't really know anything about him except that he's from D.C., hispanic, and passionate about ministry. I had the privilege of telling him about the Restoration Project and the unique community that we had built in response to our search for real, authentic, organic, meaningful worship and relationships. It made me miss the Project and long for what was. It reminded me that I had been part of something great and how that part of my life is seriously lacking at present. It evoked memories of what it's like to be part of a community who has meaningful conversation and really cares for each other, and how necessary that is.
It's almost been 2 years since I moved to Vancouver, and yet, due to all the turbulence in the past 6-10 months, I still feel very rootless and ungrounded. I thank God for my roommates (all of them!) who have continued to provide community even after the Project disappeared. And I'm thankful for new friends who are able to remind and inspire. :)


Comments